Frequently Asked Questions
Does Acupuncture Hurt?
No acupuncture does not hurt. Acupuncture needles are very tiny as well as being completely solid so they do not rip the skin on insertion. There may be a slight sensation like a mosquito bite when the needle is inserted but that goes away after a few moments.
What Can Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture is a full system of medicine and thus can treat most conditions. The most common things that people get acupuncture for are:
- Pain: whether it is muscle pain, joint pain, or nerve pain acupuncture can alleviate pain
- Headaches: though headaches can be considered pain, I see so many patients for headaches and migraines that it deserves its own category
- Asthma and respiratory conditions
- Digestive disorders like Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis can be controlled with acupuncture
- Women's health issues including painful periods, PMS, and infertility
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Stress and anxiety
How Does Cosmetic Acupuncture Work?
Cosmetic acupuncture stimulates blood flow to the surface of the skin as well as stimulates collagen production. This fills in wrinkles on the face in a more subtle, natural way than other forms of cosmetic medicine. Plus there are reports that the effects can last for at least 10 years!
How Many Treatments Should I Expect To Receive?
This question has to be answered on a case by case basis. In general, most patients have a course of treatment ranging from 6 to 10 acupuncture treatments.
Where Are You Located?
Our office is located at Dynamic Family Chiropractic, 4072 Chicago Dr SW, Grandville, MI 49418.
Is There Paperwork For New Patients To Fill Out?
Yes there is new patient paperwork for new patients. You will be sent a digital copy that you can fill out beforehand when you sign up for your initial appointment. If you instead wish to fill out physical paperwork, we ask that you arrive 10 minutes early to fill out the paperwork or you can fill it out at home and bring it in completed by clicking here.